Saturday 22 June 2013

I Woke Up And Half Of My Face Was Paralyzed

sam ro mouth
Business Insider / Sam Ro
This is what my mouth looks like when I try to hide it.
I woke up on a recent Thursday morning and, as usual, I caught up on some news for about an hour, and then jumped in the shower.
Like some amateur, I got soap in my eye while washing my face. That sucked. But things only got worse from there.
While I was brushing my teeth, toothpaste and spit spilled out of the side of my mouth.  And that's when I realized something was seriously wrong.
I started making some facial expression in the mirror, and the left side of my face was not moving.
I was clearly in shock because my first thought was that the mirror was broken.
But as soon as that ridiculous thought left my mind, panic set in as I concluded I must be having a stroke.
However, that didn't make any sense either because as far as I could tell, everything else was working fine.
Thank god for the the internet, because a google search for "left side of face not moving" yielded a dozens of pages that said this was not a stroke and that this was not the end of the world.
But they all said to seek medical attention right away.


No comments:

Post a Comment