Wednesday 24 April 2013

Mandira Bedi: I connect differently with children after motherhood

Mandira Bedi: I connect differently with children after motherhood
Mandira Bedi‘s experiences as mother of a toddler has helped her in her first association with a children’s reality show – Indian Idol JuniorShe co-hosts the upcoming edition of the music reality showIndian Idol, which will feature kids aged 5 to 15 this time.
The 41-year-old has hosted a series of reality shows and live events in the past. How does she plan to channel it for the new show? “The greatest experience for me for this one (Indian Idol Junior) is that I am now a mother,” said Mandira, who gave birth to a son in 2011. “It’s not the anchoring experience that I talk about, but now that I am a mother, I connect with children a little differently.
“A couple of years ago, if I was in a flight, and there would be a yelling baby, I would get disturbed and upset by it. Now if I am in such a situation, I’d go to the mother and ask, ‘Do you want to eat your meal? Do you want me to hold the baby, so you can go to the bathroom’?”
Always on the move, she knows the perils of travelling with a toddler. “I travel so much with my baby and I know it’s hard. My whole nazariya has changed towards babies and children. Not that I ever disliked them, but your relationship with children changes forever once you become a mom,” added the popular actor, who is married to filmmaker Raj Kaushal.

No comments:

Post a Comment