Monday 21 October 2013

Rovio’s Angry Birds are seeking a nest in India

Everyone has played Angry Birds or knows about the game. I realized this yesterday when I told my mother I was meeting the guys from Angry Birds and she knew about it, despite never having played the game herself. I believe it when Rovio’s senior vice president for Asia, Henri Holm tells me that Angry Birds is the true “four quadrant” brand. “Boys and girls, men and women, all over, enjoy the Angry Birds gameplay or know about it,” he says.
Rovio’s Angry Birds franchise has been a dream run for a startup that started in 2003 as a guns (game developers) for hire company. There are already more than half-a-dozen games under the brand that have been downloaded over 1.7 billion times across devices and platforms. Today one can play Angry Birds on smart feature phones like Nokia Asha, smartphones, PCs and Macs, consoles – you name it and in all probability, there is a way to play the game. With its burgeoning smartphone growth, Rovio is eyeing to make a nest for itself in India.

No comments:

Post a Comment