Saturday 16 November 2013

Why Clever And Lazy Leaders Are More Efficient

I don’t like to think of myself as lazy, but when I came across the ideas that inspired this post that suggested being lazy and clever could make you an excellent leader, I was a little less inclined to shrug off the label. This theory revolves around very broad, general behaviors, rather than labelling specific people, but it seems like an interesting way to classify what we’re good at and what kind of roles we fit into.

The four types of behavioral traits

There’s some debate about who developed the classification system I’m about to introduce to you. Some say it was Erich von Manstein, who was regarded as one of Germany’s best military strategists during World War II. However, others believe it was Kurt Gebhard Adolf Philipp Freigerr von Hammerstein-Equord. von Hammerstein-Equord was Germany’s Chief of the Army High Command before the second world war, and was once described by von Manstein as “… probably one of the cleverest people I ever met.”


No comments:

Post a Comment