Friday 22 November 2013

This Change To Airplane Seats Would Make Every Cross-Country Flight So Much Better

united airlines screens and powerPaul Szoldra/Business Insider
Each seat had their own screen


I took a direct flight from New York to San Francisco last week, and like most people about to board, I was ready for the inevitable boredom and discomfort of being stuck in an airplane for six hours.
But it took less than 30 seconds after finding my economy seat to realize that this wouldn't be your average flight.
Every single seat on United flight 257 - a Boeing 757-200 - had a USB outlet, a full-size power outlet, and a personal "Entertainment on Demand" touchscreen for movies, television shows, and music.
In an age of "let's just jam everyone on an airplane and sell the tickets cheap," the extras are a nice change of pace.
So I plugged in my iPhone to the USB port and had a full battery upon landing. I could have pulled out my laptop and worked without having constantly to look at my battery percentage.

No comments:

Post a Comment